Honoree: “495HR”, Hard Rock Electric Rope (Loading) Shovel
Presented By: SMIM Board for special recognition
The 495HR mining shovel ushered in a new era of rope shovel technology. With speed and efficiency the 495 is capable of three or four pass loading the largest haul trucks.
- 110 ton (100 tonne) capacity. (Available payloads up to 120 ton)
- 4 pass load – 400 ton (363 tonne) haul trucks.
- Rapid shovel positioning.
- Ease of maintenance.
- Exceptional reliability.
- Optimum swing speed and cycle time.
- Largest drums in the industry for increased rope life.
- Tubular handle provides reduced handle stress associated with torsional loads.
- Patented automated crowd rope take-up system reduces maintenance preparation and downtime while enhancing maintenance safety.
- Deck-mounted rope crowd removes crowd weight from boom for improved swing time and easier maintenance.
- Optimized front-end geometry for maximum payload, productivity and dumping height.
- Bucyrus designs dippers with optimized geometry for easier bank penetration and reduced drag. the FastFil design incorporates slanted rear corners to eliminate voids for 100% or more fill factors.
- Increased bail pull.
- AC – IGBT electrics are fuseless. Regenerates to line. No UPS required.
- Simplified motor maintenance. No brush or commutator maintenance. No flashover. Lower rewind costs.